Fridge, washing machine, dishwasher… These appliances are expensive and consume a lot of energy. Our advice is to choose them well. Fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer… At home, we use several large appliances to lighten our daily tasks. To avoid rushing to the store and spending hundreds of euros, it is important to choose your appliance well. It must be economical and last a long time. To guide your choice, discover our advice!
The best time to buy your appliances
Appliances often follow the rhythm of fashion collections, and, from one year or even from one season to another, models are renewed either in their design or in their technology. As a result, there are also sales of large appliances. It is recommended to buy your appliances during these periods:
- In the fall, between October and November, stores clear out their inventory before the new holiday arrivals. It is particularly favorable to buy clothes dryers, stoves, or dishwashers.
- In spring, especially in May: this period is interesting for freezers and refrigerators.
- So, if you don’t want to have a kitchen with the latest fridge or cooktop, go for the sales that take place in January and July. You can get discounts of up to 30%.
- Buy display models. Supermarkets and specialty stores offer very attractive discounts on appliances displayed on the shelves and handled by customers. Again, no problem, the quality is there, with the bonus of discounts of up to 50%.
Choosing the right appliance
Even if the sale of household appliances online is very popular, it is better to go to a store. Not only do you have a wide range to choose from, but you can also choose the correct item for your budget. In this case, there are specific criteria that you should take into account in the product label.
To make your own opinion, read the product description. You don’t need to ask the salesperson for advice. The energy label is especially mandatory on new large appliances and other electrical appliances. It can tell you about:
- The noise level in decibels
- The reference to the appliance
- The energy class
- The efficiency and capacity of the appliance
- The electricity consumption (in kWh per year) and water (in liters per year).
- The appliance’s lifespan by referring to the warranty offered by the seller and the key points of each appliance.
Wait for the sales
The models of household appliances are renewed either in their technology or in their design. All this from one year or one season to another. Therefore, you can take advantage of sales of major appliances. Discounts can be as high as 30% or even 50%. So opt for display models: appliances displayed on the shelves, already handled and tried by customers.
Avoid connected devices
With the progress of technology, there are now machines that can be connected to the smartphone via an application. This allows you to diagnose your appliances remotely. You will be notified of anomalies before your appliances take the hit. In addition, you can identify consumption deviations through the statistics that are displayed on your smartphone.
Even if using these machines represents interesting advantages, their disadvantages are also quite significant. These connected devices are subject to hacking. The unsecured connections allow you to display the password of your wifi or Bluetooth. Indeed, they represent computer security vulnerabilities.
In addition, they must be permanently switched on so that you can control your devices outside your home. Also, they are very expensive. But most importantly, with software obsolescence hitting smartphones, how can you be sure that in 5 years or 7 years, you can still communicate with your devices.
Solicit services from small merchants
Smaller retailers offer:
- Cheaper appliance ranges
- Personalized services.
They are especially appreciated for their proximity. They indeed repair specialists. They offer great availability and can help you out within 24 hours. In addition to enjoying quality and professional service, you can also save a little more money.
Sound off in the comments section below and tell us what you want to read next and if you want to read more about buying appliances.