How to Choose Your Digital Camera
– A digital camera, for whom, for what?
– Choosing your camera according to the type of photo
– How to choose your digital camera
The choice of a digital camera depends on each person’s practice type. Identifying your desires and way of living in the photo is advisable.
A digital camera, for whom, for what?
Investing in the most expensive and sophisticated digital camera for all photographic purposes is unnecessary.
Souvenir photo: to fill family albums
Simple entry or mid-range compact
The social testimony: the photo that serves to signify the presence, the acts of everyday life
– Entry-level compact
– Touch tablets
Travel: to keep track of beautiful adventures
– Compact with powerful zoom
– Micro Four Thirds
Creative initiation: the desire to produce surprising, striking images, but without it being a passion yet
– High-end compact,
– Entry and mid-range SLR
Passion: everything is an excuse to capture and produce images
– Amateur SLR
– Expert SLR
– Pro SLR
Choosing your camera according to the type of photo
Depending on the style of images you are looking for, you will not choose the same equipment for all types of photos.
Types of digital cameras
The portrait: capture expressions with more or less tight shots
– Compact cameras with face recognition
– Bridges with flash
– SLR with telephoto lenses
Landscape: compose scenes with a considerable depth of field
– Wide-angle compacts
– SLRs with wide or ultra-wide angle lenses
Urban: to capture the atmosphere and moments of life
– Bridge cameras with fast shutter release
– SLR with motorized autofocus
Wildlife: from a distance, discreetly observe wildlife
– Medium format SLR with telephoto lenses
Macro photography: for close-up photos and tiny subjects
– Some compact cameras with a macro option
– SLR with macro lenses
Reportage: to tell a story, a narrative illustrated in images
– Bridge cameras
– SLR with transtandard zoom
How to choose your digital camera
Several criteria are taken into account when choosing a digital camera:
– The level of practice: having a reflex is no guarantee of successful photos.
◦ Mid-range compacts will give more satisfying images to those who do not wish to spend time on more creative techniques.
◦ Using a reflex in “all automatic” makes no sense and is likely disappointing.
– Ergonomics: depending on how one feels.
◦ Each brand and each model has its specificities.
◦ Some devices are aimed at niche customers (such as waterproof digital devices)
– The price difference between a compact and an amateur reflex can go from 1 to 20.
- How to Choose Your PC Camera;
- 2 Essentials of a Digital Camera;
- What Is the Purpose of the Extension Ring in Photography;
- How to Use a Digital Camera;
- Camera: How to Use the Flash?
- Car Gadget | Wireless Car Alarm;
- Car Thermometer;
- 8 Tips to Choose Your Smartphone;
- How to Choose the Right Backup Charger for Your Smartphone;
- 4 Essential Things About Home Cinema Automation;
- Car Gadget | What Is a Plip Remote Control;
- Car Gadgets | Car GPS;
- What Is a Memory Card Used For;
- How to Install a Mobile App;
- 6 Tips to Secure Your Smartphone;
- Why Do You Need a GPS Tracker For Your Car
- The Best Review of Cell Phone Accessories;
- How to Choose Your Tablet;
- Tips on Choosing Your Cell Phone;
- What You Should Know Before Buying Wi-Fi Gadgets;
- Tips for Safe Wi-Fi Surfing;
- How to Connect a Tablet to Wi-Fi;
- How to Choose Your USB Key?